Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jewelry Design: Wire Wrapping

So in my final semester of college, I pretty much was only lacking elective credits... so what class did I choose?? Metal and Jewelry Design of course!  So be prepared to see a lot of pictures of my projects in the next few months!

Today was our first class and we made a matching set including:


A bracelet . . .


A pair of earrings (with hand made earring hangers) . . .


And a ring!

I was surprised at how much we did in just one class!  They taught us a technique called wire wrapping where we took a thick gauge wire and literally wrapped it around the beads.  It was a lot easier than I expected, and a lot of fun!

I can't wait to see what's in store for us next week!



6 comments:

  1. How gorgeous. That ring, in particular, is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love them all! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, that's a college class? I'm ready to go back to school. Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love these! They look great!

    I found your blog via the connect on SecondHand Couture! I joined awhile back and have just now looked through all the blogs on the link!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete