Monday, August 20, 2012

"Love Cakes"

My main squeeze and I celebrated the first anniversary of our first date on Sunday! Eeek! Exciting, right??  Neither of us are in much of a positon to give extravagant gifts or anything, so my man got creative. . . and super sweet!


He kind of made up his own cupcake recipe for me, what a genius!  He used a white cake mix, strawberries... and the best part. . . strawberry soda, that's right, soda.  I admit, I was a bit skeptical at first but they turned out great!  And I ate far too many. . . too quickly. . . but that's totally what special occasions are for, duh!


He decided to call them our "Love Cakes," sort of on the cheesy side, I know, but how incredibly sweet!  Gotta love him!  I think we just might have to make these strawberry love cakes a yearly tradition... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment