Friday, August 17, 2012

No-Sew Ribbon Headband



A few months ago I saw some where that you can make your own stretchy headbands with a hair tie, so I thought I would experiment with it and this is what I came up with!


What you will need:

  • Wide ribbon (I used a silky, flexible one, but I'm sure pretty much any ribbon with work)
  • Elastic hair tie
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue gun
  • Small decorative ribbon (optional)


First cut a piece of your ribbon that will go across your head from just below the back of your ears.  I think mine was about 8 inches long.

Then, cut your hair tie (at the seam if it has one) so that it is a straight piece of elastic. Next, attach one end of your hair tie to one end of your ribbon with a bead of hot glue.


Glue and fold over one side of the ribbon, then the same with the other.  This will help the ribbon to fold neatly, and not curl, when you wear it.


Then repeat these steps on the other side of your ribbon and hair tie. If you don't have any decorative ribbon to wrap around the seams then you are finished!

If you do have small riboon, measure how much you will need by wrapping it around the seam between the ribbon and the hair tie and cut it to size leaving a little extra on the end.  Then put a bead of hot glue down the underside of the ribbon and attach it, folding the raw ends under before you glue them down.

Viola! I really love it, and the elastic hair tie helps it not to slip! I think this has to be my favorite blog project yet, what do you think?




2 comments:

  1. This is great! I love that it is no sew and appears to be holding up just fine. I need to make some of these for my girls (and myself)! Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and an easy way to come up with a headband to go with every look. :D Thanks for sharing this week on BeColorful.
    pr

    ReplyDelete